Samstag, 23. Januar 2016

Review: Sweet Temptations: The Babysitter

Sweet Temptations: The Babysitter Sweet Temptations: The Babysitter by L.M.Mountford
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

erotica

Note: the babysitter is 21, deliberate adultery

I'm having a hard time putting a review together, even more giving a review I feel comfortable with.

As much as I enjoyed the eloquent writing style that reminds me of Emmanuelle de Maupassant, with this setting and story the narrative felt oddly out of place for me.
Also, there was far too much time spend to describe all settings, like the party - including the entire buffet - although the main character did leave just moments later, or both flats. I understand - now having finished this short - that the scene at the party was necessary for a foreshadowing of the next encounter of "Dick".

Then for a short there was far too detailed background information about all named characters. It would have fittet better if that book was longer, especially because all that knowledge about the characters didn't help me to build a connection to them.
Even worse: none of the characters were really likable to me.

The erotic scene where the story was working towards was very well described, a little repetitive, but I couldn't really enjoy any of it. And that this story is obviously addressing a male audience - because I get that mane men fantasize about their babysitter - but because of the adultery. He neither has his wife's consent, nor is his marriage over. It's real plain adultery and he expects everything to continue and has - as stated - no guilty feelings. And I personally absolutely despise that.

I probably would have given this short four stars, I really was about to, but the character became aware about what he was doing and he deliberately continued and cheated on his wife.
And if this book was just a scene about a man having his awesome fantasy fulfilled in taking his kid's babysitter, I wouldn't have been so strickt on everything. However, the narration of the book, obviously wants it to be regarded as more.

three
ARC

View all my reviews

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen